This week, I will be doing two 18th century styles. Later this week, I will do an authentic, historical version, but first, let’s do an “easier,” Hollywood version. Tomorrow, I will be doing a step-by step recreation of this style from Pirates of the Caribbean. Here’s a 360 (ok, 270) view of the style. I think there’s at least 3 versions, but I’ll mention what’s in common.
Pictures from Costumer’s Guide to Movie Costumes.
Here’s what I’m seeing–
1. Puffy front with a big forward roll
2. On the left, another forward roll near the top one
3. A reverse roll below that with curls in front
4. On the right, at least one, probably two, reverse rolls
5. Also on the right, a forward roll or big ringlet draped around the side of the right reverse rolls
Do you have a favorite movie hairstyle?