Today’s tutorials are inspired by the lovely Belle from “Beauty and the Beast” for the Belle fashion event being hosted by Hannah at spacious-soul.livejournal.com. Trying to copy a hairstyle from a cartoon was hard! What I ended up with works for my hair length, but you might need to modify it slightly for your hair type and length. I did a version of both Belle’s everyday ponytail which you can see in the image above and her ball style which you can see below.
(Sorry about the white balance being off. I tried to fix it, but to no avail. Also, I was going to do this as a video, however, I can’t get it to upload.)
First, Belle’s ponytail.
1. Part your hair. In the movie, Belle’s is parted in the middle. Start twisting a small section near your hairline and add more hair and keep twisting until . . .
you have about a third of your hair included in the twist. Clip it for now.
2. Repeat on the other side.
3. Gather everything together in a ponytail. For the ultimate Belle look, tie a ribbon around the ponytail holder.
Now, for her ball up-do . . . .
1. Do all three steps for Belle’s ponytail, but aim your twists higher so that the finished ponytail is very high.
2. Hold on to your right below your ponytail holder and fold your length up.
3. This next step is going to be like flipping a ponytail, but don’t pull all the length of your hair through! Split your hair above the ponytail holder and push the ends down . . .
so you have a loop like this.
4. Pin the loop so that it is flat and covers the ponytail holder both at the top and the bottom.
To make something like looked like Belle’s hair thingy, I wrapped a ribbon around the loop/pretend bun.