Here is the tutorial for the style I wore in my recent post “A Long Over-Due Update.”
1. The night before, set your hair and set it in five bandana curls. I did one section on each side in the front, one section for the crown, and divided what was left in the back into two sections.
I don’t have step-by-step pictures for this one, but here are some diagrams to help you out. From the back of the head, the top is the front, and the bottom is the nape of the neck. The pink and yellow are either sides of the part, the red is the crown, and blue and green are the two remaining back sections.
2. [The RED line] The next day, undo the crown section. Split that curl into two-four smaller curls (depending on how thick your hair is) and individually spray and smooth each one. Pin each individual curl to the back of your head kind of high up so that the ends are about as long as you want them. I had a loop of hair behind the curls. If your hair is much shorter than mine, you will have little to no loop of extra hair. If your hair is much longer, you may have to pin the loop up a bit.
3. [The BLUE line] Undo one of the remaining back bandana curls and split it like the first one. Cross it under and around the curls you already pinned and pin the curls right next to the first set on the other side.
4. [The GREEN line] Repeat step 3 with the remaining back curl.
5. [The YELLOW line] Undo one of the front curls. Before splitting it, slightly twist it and cross it over the top of the curls you’ve already pinned. Pin the twist and split the curl and spray like before.
6. [The PINK line] Repeat step 5 with the last remaining curl.
Optional– My ends didn’t look like I had hoped so I pinned them to the nape of my neck.
7. Add sparklies or flowers as desired.