“What God is like to Him I serve?
What Saviour like to mine?
O never let me from Thee swerve,
For truly I am Thine.
“My thankful mouth shall speak Thy praise,
My tongue shall talk of Thee;
On high my heart O do Thou raise
For what Thou’st done for me.”
— Anne Bradstreet
Today’s tutorial is for the Fan bun/updo. Recently, this has been my go-to hair style for days when I want something a little nicer than a basic french twist but don’t have a lot of time. It’s a soft, easy look that will work on all hair types.
1. Part your hair and bobby pin the sides back with criss-crosses. You can twist the sections like I did or not, whichever you prefer. The criss-crosses do need to be rather close to each other, however.
2. With your hand flat near the back of your head, wrap your hair smoothly around your hand.
3. Bring the tail around to the other side. I’m holding it with my thumb.
4. Bring the tail up and over the top so that it has now made a complete wrap around the base of the loop.
5. Wrap the tail around again and tuck the ends into the first big loop.
6. Pin the loop flat against the back of your head above the original criss-crosses. These will help keep the loop from slipping. I can pin the loop with one jumbo pin from each side, but you may need more.
7. Pin the wraps as needed to keep everything smooth and together.
The finished look is ever-so-slightly asymmetrical, so don’t worry if one side looks better than the other.
Just add a flower to the side that didn’t turn out as well.